Section 125 and ERISA compliance means that Momentive must follow strict regulations for your benefit offerings.
You are able to cover eligible dependents, so long as they meet the applicable definitions:
- Legal spouse
- Domestic partner
- Child(ren), which includes your natural born children, stepchildren, foster children, legally adopted children, children for whom you are the legal guardian and children of your domestic partner
- Children are covered up to the end of the month in which they reach age 26
- Unmarried children who are incapable of self-support due to physical or mental disability may be covered beyond age 26
Dependent Verification Rules
If you are adding dependents to medical or dental coverage, you will be required to submit verification documents at the end of your enrollment.
Common examples of documentation include:
- Marriage Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Lost Coverage, etc
Upon completing your enrollment, you will be provided with a list of documents required to verify your dependents that you can upload to the system.
Qualified Life Status Event Rules
Generally, you may change your benefit choices outside of initial or Annual Enrollment only if you have a qualified Life Status Event. Examples include:
- Marriage or divorce
- Meeting the domestic partnership requirements for the first time or termination of domestic partnership
- Birth or adoption of a child
- Loss or gain of employment or eligibility of your dependent
Simply click on “Change My Benefits” from your home screen of www.mpm-benefits.com. You have 45 days from the date of your event to make the appropriate changes and 60 days from the event date to provide proof. Otherwise, you may not change your elections until the next annual enrollment period.
For more information on changing your benefits during the year, please contact the Momentive Benefits Center at
(844) 540-0444, option 1-1-1.